The Premier Unloading Device
Toad Medical's Anti-Gravity Brace utilises patented prosthetic suspension technology, completely unloading the foot and ankle complex and eliminating pressure and shear which has been proven successful on patients that weigh up to 260kg! The TAG Brace has the ability to heal the most stubborn of foot ulcerations.
The Toad Anti-Gravity Brace is the premier choice for Charcot’s Foot, lower limb fractures and reconstructions that require unloading such as distal tibia, foot, ankle and metatarsal fractures.
By enabling the patient to ambulate during recovery time without the need for crutches, muscular atrophy is dramatically reduced while allowing the patient to apply weight to the rest of the skeletal structure to maintain bone density and stability.
A significant majority of ulcerations are located on the plantar surface of the foot. Due to lack of vascular supply, sensation, and the extreme pressures and friction on the foot during ambulation, many of these ulcerations will turn to amputation because of our inability to completely unload the foot. Toad Corporation has now developed the first unloading brace to 100% unload the lower extremity.
- Every 30 seconds, a leg is lost due to complications from diabetes.
- The total number of Australians with diabetes and pre-diabetes is estimated at 3.2 million.
- 280 Australians develop diabetes every day.
- Estimated 285 million diabetics in the World. Estimated to be 550 million by 2030.
- Up to 25% of those with diabetes will develop a foot ulcer.
- Approximately 15% of those will require amputation. That is over 72 million patients with ulcerations.
- Approximately 156,000 amputations per year in the U.S.
- Australia is currently the second worst in the developed world, behind USA with approximately 85 amputations per week.
University Hospitals, Case Medical Center, Cleveland
Clinical trials are currently underway at University Hospitals, Case Medical Center, Cleveland and other medical schools in Ohio.